- Go to sky.com/controls and sign in with your Sky iD.
- Select the mobile number/plan you want to update.
- Scroll to ‘Parental controls’, select Turn off parental controls or Turn on parental controls and follow the instructions.
Hereof, how do I change my Sky Broadband settings?
Open your browser and type 192.168. 0.1 into your address bar. When prompted enter the username: admin and password: sky OR, your WIFI password.
Beside above, why is my Sky Broadband blocking websites? Sky only block access to sites when required to do so by Court Order. The likelihood is that it’s the Sky Broadband Shield that is the cause. If you can’t turn off the Shield yourself, give Sky a call and they’ll do it for you.
In this way, how do I turn off Internet restrictions?
- Sign in to your account.
- In the top right, tap More .
- Tap Settings.
- Tap Restricted Mode to turn it on or off.
Does Sky Broadband have parental controls?
Using Sky Broadband Shield: Sky Broadband Shield is automatically turned on when you join Sky Broadband, and is set so it’s suitable for teenagers during the day and adults in the evening. But it’s easy to change settings like your age rating and how to block or allow specific websites.
Related Question Answers
- Choose a VPN with plenty of high-speed servers in the UK. We recommend NordVPN for bypassing parental control apps.
- Install the VPN and connect to a server in your target location.
- Enjoy unfiltered, completely open access to the internet!
Wait 30 seconds before restarting your router and a other 4 minutes before restarting your Sky box. Then see if it will connect.
- Open the Google Home app .
- Tap Settings .
- Choose who you want the filters to apply to.
- Select the devices you want the filters to apply to.
- Video – Only plays videos from YouTube Restricted Mode, YouTube TV Filtered Mode, and YouTube Kids.
- Music – Choose whether to block explicit music, all music or no music.
- Open the Google Play Store app and tap the menu icon, which consists of three stacked lines.
- Tap “Settings” on the menu, then scroll to and tap “Parental controls.”
- Go to Settings.
- ->Mobile Data.
- ->Mobile Data Options.
- ->Mobile Data Network.
- Change the both APN fields from three.co.uk to 3internet.
- Done! When you want to switch back (for stuff like viewing account balance) just follow steps 1-4 and at the bottom of the page click “Reset Settings”
- Tap Settings > General.
- Tap Restrictions.
- Tap Disable Restrictions and enter your passcode.
- Click on “Mobile” and sign in to your EE account using your mobile telephone number.
- Click on “Device and usage.” If using Orange or T-Mobile service, this option will read as “Manage your phone.”
- Scroll down to “Content Lock,” then select “Off.”
- Select the option to save your settings.
- Go to your page.
- Click on setting.
- In the age restriction part click edit.
- Here you can specify your age range or select public to disable age restriction.
- call 1818 from the EE device you want to remove or apply Content Lock.
- or call 150 from an EE device.
- or call 08454 123 662 from any other device.
- Sign in to broadbandshield.sky.com with your Sky iD details.
- Choose the age rating you’d like (PG, 13 or 18) and then Save all settings.
- We’ll send confirmation to the primary account holder by email or text message.
@Maximus75 you cannot set a timer in the hub just to turn off wifi you could of course just unplug the router or use a time switch on the mains supply. This is not recommended as Sky update your router overnight but can be done but you may find the updates happening during the day instead.